Thursday 17 November 2011

Week 1: Still Life and Composition

This drawing is a 20 minute drawing of still life using pencil. I was focusing primarily on compostion, and so tried to use rules of thirds in my placement of the objects and vantage point. This is especially true of the large glue bottle to the left, which is where the eye is drawn to begin with. I then connected this to the other objects using the scissors, but as they are not close, I don't think this has worked very well.

The shelf at the top third is a separator for the rest of the image, and serves as a somewhat rudimentary background, but I believe it may be too dark as it draws attention to itself and away from the image. Overall, I think the composition is a success, and there are 3D qualities to the image and especially the glue bottle which give it a good depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment